Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Is it fall?

We've been wrapping up summer around here and getting into the fall shenanigans (I know, it's only August. But summer lasts about 1.5 months here in Idaho, it seems). Sterling is officially in harvest mode, in that combine from before sunrise to after sunset.

 I'm suddenly realizing that I still haven't painted the master and Brynleigh's bedroom yet, even though I swore I'd do it this summer. So there's still just a patch of missing wallpaper in my bathroom. Whoops. My new goal is to have it finished by the end of spud harvest. I've also yet to potty-train Brynleigh, or break her of the bink habit. More summer goals I've failed to meet. Again, whoops.

The Caribou County Fair has come and gone. Did y'all know that Fair Week is my favorite time of the year? Seriously. I love it. Sterling makes fun of me for it. But it's just so cool and makes me feel so country. And, people get shot at the fairs where I'm from, so this tiny, tame fair here is just so refreshing and nice and wholesome. Wholesome minus those three teenage boys sitting behind us at the Demo Derby. It took everything in me not to turn around and offer a bar of soap after the four F-Bombs they dropped in one conversation.

Anyhow, here are our last couple of weeks in pictures.


Sterling has wanted a nice recliner ever since we got rid of the one we had in Moscow. So, this was his (early) birthday present. Brynleigh loves it. PS: We bought it from the coolest lady down in Providence. Turned out she's all into holistic stuff and we had a good talk and she recommended a lot of people in the area.


Morning snuggles while watching us some Paw Patrol.



Checking out the animals at the fair.

Caribou County Rodeo! Brynleigh lasted about 20 minutes before I called my mom to come get her because she thought climbing all over the scary bleachers was appropriate.

Picking up candy during the fair parade. Did I mention the parade goes right in front of our house?! Another reason I love Fair Week.

Candy Candy Candy. Once she figured out that people were throwing candy at her and Mom & Dad were letting her eat it, she was digging it.

Pantsless and wearing Dad's boots while yelling "Yeehaw!".

Sterling cooked breakfast last weekend. The man never cooks, so it was worth documenting. Oh, and he wore my pink cupcake apron.

These two just love each other.

Lately, her thing is climbing into the glider in her room with all the books she can find. I often hear her babbling away, reading them aloud. 

We went to Bear Lake with some friends yesterday. Brynleigh joined right in with the big kids and loved every minute of it.

She also spent the afternoon eating sand. Whenever I told her not to, she let out a big "MMMM!" in an attempt to convince me that it actually was quite tasty.

What a little model baby, right?

Her first time riding in the combine with Daddy today.

Helping cut grain.

This farming thing was pretty exhausting.


No comments:

Post a Comment