Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pregnancy Update

I really need to get back into this blogging thing. I've been meaning to write for weeks, but the only time I'm ever really able to get on the laptop (no way I'm typing this much on my phone) is after Miss Brynnie goes to bed, but Sterling is obsessed with family history lately so he's got the computer pretty much every night.

I'm just about 24 weeks along now with baby boy! I had Brooklyn at 24+2, so I'll be happy to get past these next few weeks and into a safer period. The whole 2nd trimester is pretty nervewracking for me, I can't wait to get into the 30s so I can relax a little.

But everything has been going really well so far! We had one little scare at 18 weeks. I had awful stomach pains, so of course I got a little hysterical and we took a trip into Labor & Delivery. But everything checked out just fine with both baby & I, so um, maybe I'll just have to lay off the Cafe Rio for the rest of this pregnancy ;)

Our 20 week scan was great, they checked for some markers for Down Syndrome and everything looked normal there, so that along with our Harmony results from earlier are pretty reassuring. They were also able to measure my cervix so make sure it wasn't showing any signs of preterm labor, and it looked great as well.

I've been measuring a few weeks ahead this whole time, but baby measured right on track, so yeah....my uterus is just a giant balloon. We found out I have an anterior placenta this time, which I was suspecting because it took quite awhile for me to feel kicks regularly. But now this boy is kicking up a storm 24/7. Sterling has been able to see him move from the outside for a couple weeks now, so that's always fun. We're to the point where I can feel actual little body parts popping out, not just kicks.

 He's in my ribs a lot already too, which makes me nervous about the fact that we still have over 13 weeks of growing to do and he's already making me so uncomfortable! Seriously. I'm having a hard time breathing and bending over to put on my shoes and everything already. It's crazy. I definitely feel like this is going to be my hardest, most uncomfortable pregnancy. Also, my belly button is just about popped out, which is strange because even at 40+ weeks with Brynleigh, it never came very close to popping even. I know I'm carrying him a little lower than I did my girls, so I guess that must be it. Or I really am just obscenely huge.

We got our c-section scheduled for first thing the morning of June 1st. My doctor originally wanted to deliver me between 36 and 37 weeks, but he's letting me go a little over 37 now, as long as everything continues looking good. We are so dang anxious for June to get here! I want him to stay put and healthy so I'm not hoping he surprises us and comes early at all, I just want these months to hurry by.

I'm not sure if y'all have noticed, but there's a definite baby boom going on right now. I know about a million pregnant (or just had a baby) women right now. My news feed has been filled with ladies due between February and July. There were a ton of February babies just born, so I feel like my time is getting closer now that these babies have all started making their entrances! There's a couple in March then I know quite a few who are due in May, so that's our next milestone, then it'll be our time right after that! So exciting. Anyway, I have a couple most things I've been wanting to post about so hopefully I'll find some time to actually do that here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment