Thursday, March 3, 2016

We're back!

I know it has been months since I blogged, but I'm back! And with a plan to get back to regularly updating. We recently decided to buy a desktop computer so that'll make it much easier! SO here's a quick update of our lives the past few months:

Brynleigh turned 3 at the beginning of the year. And she's a total threenager, oh my goodness.The attitude kills me. The things she says and does are ridiculous, and sometimes I can't help but laugh even when she's actually being really naughty! She adores other kids and is a social butterfly once she gets over her initial shyness. Spending too much time just hanging out at home with me and Judson drives her crazy and contributes to her acting up, so I've been trying to combat that lately! It's so hard to get out and do much during these brutal Idaho winters, so I'm ecstatic that spring finally seems to be showing up. We started her in gymnastics and cheer this week to help her get that outside interaction she needs and also get some energy out!


Judson just turned 9 months old. I cannot believe how quickly he is growing up! He's the sweetest baby. He's always smiling at anyone who will look his way and is super friendly. Such a little flirt! He's a total momma's boy, which I am 100% okay with. 
 He still loves to be worn in his wrap, so he's in there at some point almost everyday. We're still nursing, but now that he's started solids he loves eating anything I'll give him. Little boy loves food! We're also cosleeping still, which I love, though I wish he slept a little better. He'll start out in his crib in our room for a couple hours, then wakes up pretty much the moment we go to bed. He wakes up anywhere from 2-5 times a night to nurse. I wish he'd sleep through better, but when he knows his food source is an inch away all night long, you can't really blame him!
Brooklyn's 2nd birthday was a couple of weeks ago. We took balloons and flowers out to her grave, which was completely covered in snow. In some ways it seems like it's been forever since we lost her, but in others it feels like there's no way it's already been two years. It's pretty surreal at times. 


Our whole family got a really nasty cold a few weeks ago. Judson got it the worst. He was super congested and his breathing sounded pretty bad, especially at night. I'm usually the paranoid mom who always runs her kids to the doctor just to be told "Well, just keep an eye on him/her", so I put off going into the doctor. After a couple bad nights, I finally made an appointment. As soon as the appointment was set for later that day, Judson started sounding much better. I debated even going, since our pediatrician is an hour away, but decided to go just for the heck of it, even though I was sure they'd say just to watch him, use a humidifier, the usual.
Once we saw the doctor, he acted like Judson sounded horrible. He was shocked when I told him this was by far the best Judson had been over the past few days! Yeah, talk about feeling like an awful mom. They admitted him to the hospital and after giving him steroids and a nebulizer treatment and observing his oxygen levels overnight, we were released! So moral of the story is that I'm okay with being the paranoid mom in the future.

 Exciting news about our old house! We got new carpet installed in the bedrooms (Bryn's room had turquoise shag and ours was mildewy white) and put down new flooring in the kitchen and dining room! Why anyone would ever put carpet in a kitchen is beyond me. It was disgusting. It ended up being a slightly bigger job than expected, as the guys had to build a totally new subfloor. When they ripped up the carpet, we discovered that it was glued down so much of the previous subfloor came up with it. Seriously though, the people who owned this house before us made it as weird and difficult (and ugly) as possible. Anyway, our house is now a hundred times better after those projects. We still have plenty of work to do over time (helloooo red shag covered spiral staircase to the loft!), but I'm so happy we finally fixed some of these big projects.

And I'll leave with a picture of my babies at Costco. Because I can't be the only one who thinks those double-seat carts are the most adorable thing ever. Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment